Friday, January 28, 2011

Hey everyone! I got an apprenticeship!
Its at a little restaurant in Armadale called The Orchard. It does European style food and has a shit tonne of wine and beer.
Its really awesome! I've been there two days and I'm already made some pretty cool stuff.
The head chef is called Steve and he reminds me a lot of our family friend Terri, who was the one who inspired me to consider cooking as a career almost 3 years ago.

Yesterday I just went in for all the menu prep, I made onion rings and pastry and grissini and picked heaps of herbs. Today I was in for lunch service, which was pretty quiet. I made potato and carrot batons, and mashed potato and picked MORE herbs. Then came home and went back for the dinner service which was pretty hectic. I did a lot of dishes, and made a champagne sabayon and assembled a raspberry tart and a platter of amazing things (pictured), and got to see heaps of the dishes from the menu.

So yeah! If you ever had a heap of money to spare (appetisers go up to $20) come have dinner at my work!

2 comments:

  1. Aunties don't get a discount?

    Congratulations Rose, and I will come one day just for the fun of having something really special.

    Those potato and carrot batons sound good.

    ReplyDelete