Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Cheeseymite scrolls

My favourite musician doesn't like Vegemite.

So when a few other fans and I got together and had a picnic we decided to make all the food we could Amanda Palmer themed. We made wicked sandwiches (For the line: Who needs love? When the sandwiches are wicked and they know you at the Mac store) Chocolate cake with Maps of Tasmania on them (For the song: Map of Tasmania) and of course cheeseymite scrolls (After: Vegemite - The Black Death)

And I usually don't like the cheese and vegemite combo, I don't know why, but I never got into it. But these were delicious.

I made some bread dough and once it had risen and was ready to bake, I tore off small handfuls and flattened them out into a longish thin strip. I spread a little vegemite on (probably about as much as you'd put on your toast, or just a little more) and then sprinkled grated cheese over the top.

Then I rolled them up and put them in an oiled tray and let them have their second rise. Then I baked them as I would a normal loaf of bread (but not for as long).

1 comment: