Thursday, November 25, 2010

Roll'd chicken with mushroom red wine sauce


On the last day of a week-long course I did we were trying to use up all the leftover stuff so our amazing teacher left us to our own devices. We'd made bechamel earlier in the day and had to use it somewhere in our dish.

I got a chicken breast fillet and sliced it in half but not quite all the way through to get a thin long wide peice.
I sprinkled it with basil and garlic and then rolled it up, and put toothpicks through it and baked it at probably about 180 for 15 minutes. Once its out slice it into a few pieces.
Meanwhile I sauted some mushrooms in heaps of butter, deglazed it with red wine, and then added the bechamel.
Then let it drain through a sieve to get rid of the mushroom and be left with a smooth sauce.

I served it with cherry tomatos and baby spinach and coriander leaves. It was epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment