Friday, November 26, 2010

My basic cupcake recipe

If I'm gonna dedicate a blog to my cake, I have to do one for my cupcakes. I make these for every occasion ever. I got it from my year 10 foodtech teacher, who was awesome. And I've been using the same recipe for 2 and a half years now.

You need:
3/4 cup SR flour
1/4 cup caster sugar
1/4 cup (60g) butter
1/3 cup milk
1 egg

Soften the butter, the best way is to just leave it out of the fridge for an hour or so before use, but you could also dice it up and microwave it on low for about 20 seconds, don't let it melt though or it won't work. Then cream it with the sugar. Add the egg and beat. Then gradually add 1/4 cups of flour and tbsps of milk until all combined.
Bake at 180 for about 10-15 minutes. Depending on the size of the patty pans.

And you can srsly add anything to these, same as the cake.
Take out a tbsp or 2 of flour and replace it with cocoa for chocolate.
Or add chocolate chips, peanut butter, apple, raspberries, white chocolate, nutella, cheesecake mix, foodcolouring (such as in these), or any sort of artificial flavouring you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment