Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Feast pt. 2

The Vegies

I did both roast and boiled vegies, I wanted to do steamed but we don't have a steamer big enough so I just boiled them.

For the roast vegies I just used potatos and sweet potatos and onion, peeled and cut into about the same size chunks (the onion I cut into wedges). I covered them with oil and dried herbs and roasted them at about 200 for half an hour.

This photo is prior to cooking, the one below is the only one I really have after they're cooked, and you can see the rest of the feast along with them!

For the boiled vegies I used brocolli, baby carrots, and snow peas. I peeled the carrots and then cut them in half across, and then each half into 4 pieces. So they were like little carrot sticks. I just cut the little bunches off the broccoli, the really big ones I cut in half so they were all about the same size. The snow peas I de-stringed and then cut in half.
I boiled a massive pot of water and first added the carrot, and let them cook for a few minutes before adding the broccoli, and then a minute or two after that the snowpeas. Then its only a minute or two more til they're all cooked.
I served them just like that, but they'd be really nice with a bit of melted butter and salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment