Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Feast pt. 1

Christmas is awesome. And one of my favourite parts is the food. I had my family over for lunch this year and wanted to take full advantage of finally having a large kitchen, and a hungry group of people to feed!

I made roast chicken drumsticks, roast potato and sweet potato, boiled vegies, and salad. And will be writing blogs about them one by one !

Roast Chicken

Chicken drumsticks (Or wings, or whatever)
Plain natural yogurt
Olive oil
Dried herbs
Salt and pepper
Honey
and anything else you'd like to add.



I made up the marinade (everything but the chicken) using about 1 - 1 1/2 cups yogurt, 3-4 tbsp oil, tbsp dried 'mixed herbs' (oregano, thyme, majoram) 1 1/2 tbsp honey and a good amount of salt and pepper and some sprigs of rosemary from the garden which I rolled in my hands a bit to release the oils. But that was for about 25 drumsticks.

I put it all in a massive bowl and marinated it overnight, making sure it was all mixed together and covering all the chicken.

When it came time to cook I layed them all out on a tray so that I could fit as many on the tray as I could, but so they weren't overlapping. I drizzled them with more oil and then roasted them at about 200-220 for at least 35 minutes, until they're nice and brown and crispy on top.
I didn't, but you can turn them over halfway through to cook a bit more evenly and get colour on all sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment